Hashtags are essential for keeping track of your event’s social media reaction, but monitoring it, is another matter.
A Twitter list is a great way to keep track of event attendees. You can quickly filter out the noise from the rest of your followers, and only see the tweets from a specific group of people that you choose.
Taking the time to monitor your hashtag and adding people to a Twitter list can be very time consuming. Especially if you’re organising an event with hundreds of guests.
As an events organiser, you’re time poor and want to be knowledge rich. So we’ve put together this little guide to help you out…
Follow these steps to setup your own event Twitter list (automatically):
- Go to https://ifttt.com/ and sign up (or login if you already have an account)
- Search for “Twitter List” in the search box
- Scroll down until you find “Build a Twitter list from a specific hashtag”
- On the next page, you can set the hashtag that you want to track
- You can also name the list you want to add people/accounts to
- Click Add and you’re done!
… and that’s all you have to do! The recipe will run and will add anyone who tweets with the specified hashtag to the Twitter list.
Ifttt Recipe Shortcut:
Latest posts by Rhys Gregory (see all)
- This phone case is my new favourite gadget - March 28, 2017
- Review: LuMee for the iPhone 7 Plus - March 6, 2017
- You can now upload multiple photos to Instagram posts - February 24, 2017