Instagram has announced that it’s rolling out the new photo albums feature to all users over the next few weeks.
The new feature allows you to add up to 10 photos (including video) to each post, and importantly without annoying your friends in the process.
How to add multiple photos to Instagram
- Go to add a photo (as you usually would) and click “Select Multiple”
- Select up 10 photos or video clips to add to a single post
- At the moment, all 10 photos will have the same caption and location tag etc
How to view Instagram photo albums
When viewing an Instagram profile, you may notice a new album-type icon appear in the top right corner of the photo/video thumbnail. If you click the photo to open it up (as usual), you can now swipe to view the rest of the photos and video content in the ‘album’. This is indicated with a row of dots (depending on the number of items in the album).
It’s all very simple to do… and it’s a pretty effective way to manage multiple photos or videos in one place.
I can see this working well for events or anything that requires you to take multiple snaps of the same object or place.
The best thing about this is that it doesn’t flood your profile with the same type of content. It’s good like that.
Latest posts by Rhys Gregory (see all)
- This phone case is my new favourite gadget - March 28, 2017
- Review: LuMee for the iPhone 7 Plus - March 6, 2017
- You can now upload multiple photos to Instagram posts - February 24, 2017