Last week I had the pleasure of linking up with Alex Mills from Burning Red for our first Digital Breakfast event.
We explored how an effective content marketing strategy can help drive people to your website and them people coming back until they’re ready to buy.
As I’m sure you know, there are many routes/channels that people can use to arrive at your website, but if you’re missing the key ingredient. I.e. compelling useful content then, your SEO, advertising, social media and PR won’t be working as hard as it should.
For those of you that made it (and those that couldn’t), these were our top takeaways …
- Move from broadcast to conversation; talk to your audience through content on your blog, don’t treat everything like an advert.
- Why content marketing? Put simply, because people want it. People need answersto their questions and solutions to their problems. Offer advice, guidance and understanding, and let people make their own minds up.
- If you’re not producing this content, someone else will!
- Vary the content that you make available; giveaway blogs and useful content via tweets. Hold back whitepapers and guides behind capture forms to convert people into leads.
- Create a content marketing plan; theme your content by month or by seasonal trends to give it the best possible chance of success.
- Optimise your content; this isn’t just about SEO and plugging in keywords. Transform articles into blogs, podcasts and video. Don’t forget to break content down into discussion points for tweets/Linkedin discussion groups.
- Your best marketing tool is people. Make it easy for employees to become brand ambassadors and share what they love.
- Your brand and your website are the same thing; get them both right.
Latest posts by Rhys Gregory (see all)
- Review: LuMee for the iPhone 7 Plus - March 6, 2017
- You can now upload multiple photos to Instagram posts - February 24, 2017
- March 2017: Social Media Events in Cardiff - February 17, 2017