So far I’m really enjoying using the Samsung Gear 360 camera, especially compared to other cameras that try and achieve the same thing. I won’t mention names.
I haven’t tried to capture video on this thing (yet), but I’ll give it a go and report back very soon.
I have included some info below about what’s in the box… along with some pros and cons of the Samsung Gear 360, but now for the important bit…
Insole Court in Cardiff:
In the box:
- 1 x Samsung Gear 360 camera
- 1 x battery
- 1 x USB charging cable
- 1 x cloth / carry case
- 1 x tripod screwed to base
- 128GB Micro SD card
- Very simple to use once it’s all set up
- Overall, good quality image – I haven’t tried video (yet)
- Easy to share on Facebook / upload image to Dropbox for use on the web
- I love the small tripod base, but love even more than I can unscrew this and use with other tripods
- 128GB micro SD came with it, so lots of space
- Decent build quality feel
- Ultra portable
- Gear 360 app seems pretty good too (it hasn’t crashed)
- As an iPhone fan, I had to purchase a Samsung Galaxy smartphone to use this camera
- My cons are probably more with the Galaxy S6 Edge than the camera
- Difficult to insert the micro SD card, but once it’s in, it’s in
Overall I’m pretty impressed.
I haven’t had a good chance to play around with the settings yet and I haven’t had a chance to try video, so watch this space!