So, you want to target under 25s? These are the channels that you need to consider.
Businesses are constantly worrying about what the ‘next big thing is’, and are often looking at user growth of social media channels as a tell-tell sign.
You might be quick to say Snapchat is where it’s at, but is it?
Over the last 24 months, Facebook has been getting a lot of stick for losing younger users, but as the stats clearly show below, it’s still the most popular – and not one to discount from your social media strategy just yet.
Snapchat may be catching up with Instagram, but it isn’t quite there yet either… but definitely one to watch & consider!
I’ve grabbed the latest active user stats of the above channels to find out:
- Facebook – 1.65 billion users / divided by 34% = 561 million
- Twitter – 310 million users / divided by 37% = 114,700,000
- Instagram – 400 million users / divided by 53% = 212 million
- Snapchat – 200 million users / divided by 71% = 142 million
Now before anyone kicks off, the stats above may vary by a million here, and a million there, but it’s still a good indication…
If you’ve feel I’ve missed something vital, feel free to drop me a tweet and I’ll correct @rhysgregory. Thank you.
Latest posts by Rhys Gregory (see all)
- This phone case is my new favourite gadget - March 28, 2017
- Review: LuMee for the iPhone 7 Plus - March 6, 2017
- You can now upload multiple photos to Instagram posts - February 24, 2017