Instagram recently launched business pages for brands using the social media platform.
Until now, brands were limited to using the same profiles as everyone else, and although visually there doesn’t appear to be any major differences between the new business profiles, there are some subtle but important differences:
- Add a contact button to your profile – before this came along, the only option for people to contact you was to send you a DM message. People now have the option to email, call or find your location on a map
- Access to Instagram analytics – you can now view important information about how your content is doing. You can find out reach (impressions) of content, the hours of when people engage with your content the most etc
- Instagram ads – before Instagram for business, the only way to advertise on Instagram was to use Facebook’s advertising manager. Now, the options are built right into the app, allowing you to quickly promote content with a few clicks
How to switch to an Instagram business page
Switching to an Instagram business account couldn’t be easier.
Top tip – You’ll need to make sure that your business has a Facebook page already set up as you’ll need to verify that you’re a business user using this page. Make sure you have a Facebook business page before you start >
- Go to settings by clicking on the cog icon on the Instagram app
- Click the button “Switch Business Profile”
- You’ll be prompted to sign in with Facebook and select your Facebook business page
- Follow on-screen instructions and add your contact details
Latest posts by Rhys Gregory (see all)
- This phone case is my new favourite gadget - March 28, 2017
- Review: LuMee for the iPhone 7 Plus - March 6, 2017
- You can now upload multiple photos to Instagram posts - February 24, 2017