Uploading 360 photos and video to your WordPress blog is easier than you might think.
For the last couple of weeks, I’ve been testing out the new Samsung Gear 360 camera and I’ve been wanting to share the results on my blog.
Follow these steps to add 360 content for playback on your blog:
- Download the WordPress plugin “WP-VR-view” from the WordPress depository or by clicking here
- Upload your 360 photos and video from the Samsung Gear 360 camera to Dropbox, so you can access them on your computer
- In WordPress, click Media > Add New to upload the photo or video that you’ve just transferred to your computer
- To add photos and video to your blog post, use one of the following shortcodes, along with the URL to the photo or video that you’ve just uploaded to WordPress. You will need the link that links directly to the media, as opposed to the link to the media file page.
[ vrview img=”URL for photosphere image” ]
[ vrview video=”URL for 360 video .mp4 file” ]
[ vrview video=”URL for 360 video .mp4 file” img=”URL for video preview image” ]
[ vrview img=”URL for photosphere” pimg=”Optional URL preview photosphere photo for faster load” ]
[ vrview img=”URL for photosphere” width=”500″ height=”300″ ] width=”500″ – set width to 500 pixels wide. if you want full/100% width you can use width=”100%” [ vrview img=”URL for photosphere” stereo=”true” ] stereo image – default value is false.
Latest posts by Rhys Gregory (see all)
- Review: LuMee for the iPhone 7 Plus - March 6, 2017
- You can now upload multiple photos to Instagram posts - February 24, 2017
- March 2017: Social Media Events in Cardiff - February 17, 2017